Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #2

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm 'waiting on' 'Sister, Missing' by Sophie McKenzie. This is the sequel to 'Girl, Missing' (reviewed here) one all my all-time favourite books. I originally thought that this was a standalone novel, but was ecstatic to hear there would be a sequel : ] (Cover not released yet)

Official Publication Date: 29th September 2011
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Cover not released yet. It's two years after the events of Girl, Missing and life is not getting any easier for sixteen-year-old Lauren's adoptive or birth families as exam pressure and a recent family tragedy take their toll. Lauren's birth mother takes Lauren and her two sisters on holiday in the hope that some time together will help, but a few days into the holiday the youngest girl is kidnapped, under circumstances very similar to those in which Lauren was taken years before. The kidnapper demands a huge ransom for the child's safe return - and is threatening to kill her if the police get involved. Can Lauren save her sister, and stop the nightmare happening all over again?


Seriously. Cannot. Freaking. Wait. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cliona, thanks for stopping by my blog and following me! I'm waiting on this one too ever since I heard at it over at Bookhi. I thiought it would be a stand alone too as it's nearly three years since the first came out. I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS BOOK!! Sorry, I am a little bit hyper on Sophie after reading Girl Missing :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :)

This is an award-free zone, sorry but I just don't have the time to pass them on! Thanks for thinking of me anyway :)