Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter


''Do you ever feel like you're invisible? I know I do-just call me Cammie the Chameleon. But at my         school, that's seen as cool. Why? Because the Gallagher Academy might say it's for geniuses, but it's really school for spies.''
Cammie Morgan might be capable of killing a man in seven different ways, but she's about to begin her most dangerous mission yet: falling in love. 


Cammie Morgan is a genius and she goes to spy school. Her mother, the headmistress, is a former spy and so is her father, who is dead. Cammie's best friends are super-smart Liz and super-cool Bex. The girls are in their sophomore year (I think that's how you say it?????) and have started Covert Operations, which is spy field work. When the school gets a new CovOps teacher, the gorgeous Joe Solomon, all the sophomores are excited. But then they realise that Mr. Solomon means business. He's a former spy and really knows his stuff. When he gives the three girls a test mission in the nearby town, Cammie meets Josh, a local boy. Josh thinks the Gallagher Girls are all posh, snobby rich girls, so Cammie lies to him and tells him she is home schooled. As Cammie continuously sneaks into town to meet Josh her lies develop and Cammie begins to feel more and more guilty. 

When I first saw the cover of this book I thought it looked really good. I borrowed it off a friend and she told me she didn't really like it, but I decided to try it anyway. I have to say I didn't think it was great. It was written well and it was quite funny but I thought it was a bit boring. I didn't think enough really happened in it.  I think more should have happened with Josh and Cammie but whenever those parts were happening, I felt like skipping them. I would give this book 3.5/5. I probably won't be reading the sequel to it, Cross My Heart and Hope To Spy. So, all in all, I didn't think it was great. 

Please follow this blog and leave comments! Thanks! Cliona.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day :)

This is an award-free zone, sorry but I just don't have the time to pass them on! Thanks for thinking of me anyway :)