Sunday, August 5, 2012

Letterbox Love #6

Letterbox Love is a weekly meme, hosted by Narratively Speaking. It's a great way of sharing what books you receive every week, and I'm delighted to be taking part! 


This is my IMM for the past three weeks - I got loads of awesome books, and I can't wait to read them! 



Bought

Black Heart Blue by Louisa Reid
I read a brilliant review of this on The Book Addicted Girl a while ago, and have been dying to read i ever since - it sounds really intriguing, I hope I'll like it :)

Adorkable by Sarra Manning
I've heard mixed reviewes for this, some super-positive and some super-negative - hopefully I'll be on the super positive side! It sounds awesome and the cover is so cute - I think the tagline is very fitting!

(by the way, although the three for two stickers are on the books, I didn't get three books - my dad got a book for himself, and I got these two :D)


Kitty Kitty by Michele Jaffe
Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin
My charity shop buys! I haven't heard much about any of these books before (except for a little bit about Teenage Amnesiac) but they all look great!

Library
I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend by Cora Harrison
I liked 'Jane Austen Stole My Boyfriend' and I know I'll love this too :) Will hopefully be reading this soon.

Just In Case by Meg Rosoff
I've heard Meg Rosoff is brilliant and I hope I'll have time to read this before it has to go back to the library! 

Baby Blue by Julia Green
I've never heard of this before, I've only heard of the author, but it looks amazing!! I'll definitely be reading this ASAP!

What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell
I've never read a book like this before, but it sounds very sophisticated and cool :D 

The Princess Diaries: Mia Goes Fourth by Meg Cabot
I love this series, and I'm currently reading this - to be honest, I don't like it! I'm finding it quite boring and repetitive :/ 

For review
My Dating Disasters Diary (not pictured - I, eh, temporarily misplaced it ;) )
My Desperate Love Diary 
My Rocky Romance Diary
My Now or Never Diary by Liz Rettig
Thanks so much to Harriet at Random House for these! I've already read, loved and reviewed the first book and am dying to read more! 


Muddle and Win: The Battle for Sally Jones by John Dickinson (Proof copy)
I read a little bit of this and it's really cute,I'm looking forward to reading more :) Thanks Random House for this too!


I had a great week this week, I got some awesome-looking books :) Leave me a link to your LL in the comments and I'll drop by and have a look!


What did you get in your letterbox? 

14 comments:

  1. I really want to read adorkable and Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac! They look really good. Great books :)

    Happy reading XD

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read them either! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Brilliant books! :) I hope you enjoy them all!
    I really want to read Adorkable!! :) It looks fantastic. :)
    Happy reading!,
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab haul!
    I own Adorkable and it looks, well, adorable ;)
    I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend looks great, I need to read that series!
    Meg Rosoff looks amazing, I have heard so many great things about her :)
    Sorry you're not enjoying the 4th Princess Diaries book, but I guess it is hard to do looaaads of books in a series without being repetitive :/
    Looking forward to all your reviews, the Liz Rettig series looks awesome.
    Happy reading, Cliona!! :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose your right about The Princess Diaries! And yes, Adorkable DOES look adorable ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow, lots of books this time, Cliona! They all look amazing! I got sent Adorkable for review and am halfway through it, and am sitting on the fence between the negative and positive side. It is a super cute read, though!

    I love Liz Rettig's series, so am so glad you are so far too. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh, I hope it gets better for you! :) Thanks for commenting :D

      Delete
  5. Ah, you've got so many great books here!
    Adorkable is really cute, very quirky and unique. The main character, Jeane, is quite annoying but some people grow to love her or hate her.
    Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac and I was Jane Austen's Best Friend are such great reads - great if you like contemporary and historical fiction. I was Jane Austen's Best Friend is like the prequel for Jane Austen Stole My Boyfriend :)
    And Princess Diaries - my childhood book series.
    Such great books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omgosh omgosh!! BABY BLUE IS AMAZING!!! I read that like ten years ago and LOVED it (ok maybe less than ten, I was probably around 26 but I'm 24 now so like nearly ten!) Read it soon and tell me what you think I would love to reread it but I dont have my copy anymore (will have to buy it soon!)

    Also Adorkable and Memoirs are both amazing, as is muddle and win.
    I hope you love all of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Princess Diary books are so cute! And I've heard mixed things for Adorkable, too. I'd still love to give it a go, I think I'd enjoy it. And I hope you do!

    Happy reading. (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant haul! I also read the same review over at The Book Addicted Girl and have wanted it ever since! I've read two Meg Cabot books; Avalon High (which I LOVED and totally recommend) and Abandoned (which I adored too)!
    I hope you enjoy all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya! Oh, you're going to LOVE Black Heart Blue! It's one of my favourite books ever! And you'll also love Adorkable and Kitty Kitty and Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac!
    Have a great reading summer! Happy reading!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and I'd just like to add that Meg Rosoff and Julia Green are both absolutely amazing! Just In Case isn't Rosoff's best book, but I think you'll really like it anyway - she's such a brilliantly unusual author. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :)

This is an award-free zone, sorry but I just don't have the time to pass them on! Thanks for thinking of me anyway :)