Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Goodbye...

I don't quite know to say this. Blogging had been a huge part of my life for over two and a half years, and I loved it. Having a blog was a fantastic experience for me - I found books I would never would have tried otherwise, discovered some of my favourite books, and best of all, I discovered the fantastic YA blogging community, and made loads of wonderful, book-loving friends.

However, you've probably noticed that for a good while I haven't been committed to the blog. I scarcely post reviews or anything else really, any more. And to be honest, I'm sad to say the reason why is that I don't enjoy writing reviews anymore. I've felt like this about the blog for a while, but I've tried to keep going, but there's no point in me continuing on with something I don't enjoy any longer. I've taken breaks, and they haven't made a  difference, so I think it's time for me to call it a day :(

I am honestly really sad to be doing this - as I said, blogging has been such a big part of my life for so long, that it's strange to think I won't be doing it anymore! But I think it is for the best.

Thanks so much to all of the bloggers, authors, publishers that I've been in contact with over the years. Everyone was so kind - the book blogging community is definitely one of the nicest communities that I've come across, on or off the internet! I will miss chatting with you all! But, I will still be reading and commenting on some of my favourite blogs as much as I can - I'm not going to be totally gone!

Thanks to all of the publishers who sent me books, and I'm so sorry I haven't had the the chance to review them - each one was much appreciated!

I won't be deleting Bookster Reviews, as I've put a lot of work into it over the last two and a half years. I'll be leaving it up on the internet, and who knows, maybe some day I'll come back to it! But for now, - thank you and goodbye.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, Cliona! I'm going to miss you sooo much! Bookster Reviews was one of the very first blogs I discovered all that time ago, and you were one of the first friends on the blogging community that I made. You have no idea how much I appreciate you showing me the ropes and making me feel welcome.

    You are such an awesome person and it's going to be strange not reading your new posts anymore. But I understand why you're going to stop blogging - it requires so much time and dedication, and when it's not fun anymore it's pretty impossible to carry on. I think you're awesome for trying so many times to keep blogging even after the enjoyment was gone.

    The blogging community is going to miss you so much. You are a big part of my blogging experience and I wish you all the best. :)xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I've already commented, but I just had to say that even though it's only been a week, I really miss Bookster Reviews. And I just wanted to let you know that you aren't ever going to be forgotten in this community just because you aren't posting anymore. Missing you like crazy, Cliona! xxxxxx

      Delete
  2. Oh, Cliona - I'm going to miss you so much! :'(

    You were one of my first blogging buddies I ever made (along with Zoe we were like the three blogging musketeers ;D) and it's going to be so sad with you not around.

    However, I totally get it and hope you will continue to love reading! You never know, I thought I was going to stop blogging completely, but then, after a few months, I started missing it and came back. :)

    You've got a great blog and I'm sure I'll come browse through it a lot. :P

    Goodbye. </3 :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. CLIONA! <3 I am so sorry that you don't enjoy blogging anymore. I'll miss you and your posts but I hope you'll still come to the blogosphere in the future. Send me emails, comment on my blog and stay in touch :)

    You, Amber and Rachel have been there since the beginning and I appreciate all your comments and love towards my blog! If it weren't for you, I probably wouldn't be where I am now, so thank you! Bye :) xxx <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( You'll be missed. Make sure you're still around somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cliona, it made me so sad to read this. You were one of my first blogging buddies too and you were there when my blog was just a little baby. I'm going to miss you and your posts but I understand that it's not worth carrying on if you're just not enjoying it anymore. There comes a time when calling it a day is for the best. Even though I'm reluctant to let you go, I have to respect your decisions and hope that maybe, just maybe, you'll return to the blogging community one day. I want to thank you for extending a hand of friendship towards me when I first started out, for taking me into the community with your kindness and enthusiasm. It has been an absolute pleasure getting to know you, Cliona and I can only say that you will be sorely missed! I'm glad you're not deleting your blog because it serves as a testament of your hard work and dedication.

    Good luck, Cliona! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :)

This is an award-free zone, sorry but I just don't have the time to pass them on! Thanks for thinking of me anyway :)